The coach is a partner and “catalyst” enabling the attaining of a specific goal through the development of awareness and the mobilising of the client’s knowledge and skills.
Coaches foster the emergence of adapted, effective, and enduring solutions while respecting the independence of the person or group, who remain the sole experts with respect to the content.
With my agency Point de Mire, I place my experience of guidance and the effectiveness of coaching techniques in service to directors, managers, and teams to bring about change, improve time management and prioritising, delegation skills, interpersonal communication skills, and the achievement of specific goals.
is undertaken with one person – director, head of department, or staff member and enables the individual to:
- Be accompagnied to face a health or economical crises
- Be equipped to confront changes in the environment: changes of location, restructuring of teams
- Improve interpersonal relationships and communication within a department or entity
- Develop time-management and prioritisation skills
- Improve confidence and self-esteem
- Resolve a difficult managerial situation
- Coordinate teams with attentiveness and efficiency
- Delegate with clarity and confidence
- Facilitate decision-making
- Balance professional and private life to avoid burn-out.
Guidance in 2 to 3 sessions for short-term goals – preparing for a speech, an exam, a job interview, or urgent clarification of a difficult situation – is also available.
Expertise in the cultural and tertiary education sectors and in public and associative sectors.
I have a particular interest in guiding people with high potential – gifted, hyperintelligent individuals.
Team coaching alternates individual work sessions with the supervisor and the members of the team and group sessions, at a monthly or bi-monthly rhythm. It allows for periods of mobilisation based on a collective project, anticipation of a change or communication improvements :
- Determining collaborative working modes
- Collectively defining constructive objectives
- Optimising the cohesion and motivation of team members
- Improving the circulation of information and the pertinence of decisions
- Ensuring implementation and follow-up of personal and group commitments.
For example: preparing teams for restructuring, collectively determining new modes of operation, working on a departmental or a compagny project.
How does it work?
An initial 2-hour session allows the goal to be jointly defined, providing the framework for the coaching, the amount and duration of the sessions, and the price of the mission. An agreement establishes each party’s commitments.
The appointments are held in person or remotely (Skype, telephone) in 6 to 12 sessions over a 3 to 12 month period, depending on the desired goal. Personal or group work and a follow-up by email are regularly proposed between sessions.